Active 60 Minutes
All children and young people take part in at least 60 minutes of physical activity everyday!
To meet the Chief Medical Officers’ guidance on physical activity, schools, parents and the sport sector must work together to ensure that children and young people have access to at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day. As set out in the Childhood Obesity Plan, at least 30 minutes should take place in schools, and the remaining 30 outside the school day.
What we do as a school:
- Active Cup - Each class is given an activity tracker to count children's steps throughout the day, at the end of the week the class with the most steps wins the Active Cup!
- Daily Mile - Each day children take part in the Daily Mile, seeing how many laps they can do of the school field
- Flash + Bash - Our new reaction boards are used during play to increase the amount of physical activity and competition, particularly with the less-active children
- Increased and renewed play equipment - We have a large amount of active equipment for children to use at Lunch to keep active
- WOW to Walk - Each day we track children's travel to school, badges are awarded to children who actively travel to school at least 2 times a week (Scoot, walk or park and stride)
- Trained MDA's - Our MDA's have been trained by the Sports Lead to engage more children in play time games
- Display Board - Our display board in the hall promotes the importance of leading a healthy active lifestyle
- 2 hours of high quality and active PE lessons each week from Y1 - Y6
- Sports fair in the Autumn term to promote local clubs to encourage active participation in clubs beyond the school environment