At St. Andrew's, our principled approach to the teaching and learning of reading is underpinned by our intent to support children's growth as:
- lifelong readers, who have a positive view of themselves as readers and read for pleasure.
- confident, fluent, motivated readers.
- readers with high-level comprehension skills.
- readers who challenge themselves, making adventurous reading choices.
- readers who are excited at the prospect of learning new words, not intimidated by unfamiliar vocabulary.
- readers who write and writers who read.
You can find out more below about how we have developed and are continuing to develop our curriculum and reading culture at St. Andrew's to support our children's growth in these ways.